- Bachelor’s Degree, in Computer Science., or experience in related field.
SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED:
As an Software developer, required job responsibilities include:
Requirements Understanding, Research and Communication (10%)
- Understanding and Gathering requirements from business owners and creating the functional design documents for Online Providers Directory (OPD).
- Understanding the OPD Legacy programs and Code Base which are in the Websphere Server as well as the Spring Boot applications in the Openshift and suggest the changes required for the business requirement.
- Participate in everyday sprint meeting and create the sprint log in Rally board.
- Participating in problems and knowledge initiatives and other process improvements.
- Leads the identification and definition of key architectures, components and interfaces, design of data model (entity relationships) and data/informational flows.
- Creating the user stories in Rally board with the help of Business Owners and Analysts for the Business Requirements.
- Recommend and develop design standards for application Integration.
- Work with enterprise and application architects in designing application.
- Worked with the Business Analysts to capture the requirements and also involved in creating the Business Requirement Documents, High level design documents and Low level design documents.
- Ensured designs are in compliance with the specifications.
Development – Coding (50%)
- Developed and maintain SOAP and Restful Webservices using JAX RS and JSON.
- Develop and maintain the Spring Boot applications in Openshift environment and deploy those applications in Jenkins and monitor them in Open shift.
- Modify existing legacy OPD applications to improve the performance.
- Develop and Maintain the OPD service endpoints which provides the provider details to the down stream dependent applications like Under65, MWS, Truli Member, OPD Digital.
- Worked on various Core Java concepts such as Exception Handling, Collection APIs, Concurrency, Generics, Serialization, Garbage Collection and lamda expressions to implement various features and enhancements.
- Involved in Developing and Maintaining the OPD User Interface pages which are developed using the nodejs, backbone. JS.
- Providing Support to the downstream applications like MWE, Truli Vistior, Truli Member, MHL, U65 which uses the OPD web pages as part of their application.
- Involved in developing business components using plain old java objects.
- Managing tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Involved in understanding existing applications to rewrite using new prototype and react framework.
- Ensured designs are in compliance with specifications
- Worked on GITSTASH for version controlled and as a centralized repository for the source code.
- Worked on Spring MVC architecture using the design patterns.
- Interacting with multiple teams which have end points with ECIR, PPS database and prototype teams.
- Maintain and Support for Dev, QA and Production.
- Monitoring the Control-M batch jobs and make sure that the batch jobs are executed without any issues.
- Carry out factfinding and program analysis of problems, applied established procedures to bring resolution.
Quality Analysis – QA (15%)
- Unit test the application using JUNIT and also used the embedded servers to create the integration tests. Also used Fiddler and Postman to test the Restful web services.
- Test the Restful Web services by creating the Client programs wherever required.
- Involve in providing UAT testing support and Production support.
- Adhering to quality management best practices such as thorough testing of application updates and changes.
- Coordinates software system installation and functioning to insure specifications are met.
- Monitors the operation of assigned programs and responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
Meeting, Reviews and Documentation (10%)
- Daily meeting on the progress
- Presenting the completed tasks to the client
- Guides the development team in overall application technology design activities, leads the identification and definition of key architectures
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Develop integration documentation to be published to internal and external partners
- Work with product owners and functional analysts to understand application business context.
- Communicating issues and status information to the program manager and practice manager concerning system development activities.
- Work in the Agile development methodology.
- Create and updated requirements and issues using Rally tool.
- Create project documentation using Confluence and SharePoint tools.